Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Although my neighbor left a voice mail asking"Why did your chickens cross the road?", we'll never know the answer. In years past, people have expressed concern - 'ooh, those chickens are really close to the road', or 'jeez, I see the chickens waaaaay down in the field'. My response has always been 'don't worry they are chickens, and they are chicken, they won't go far'.

Today, when Grace said " I don't mean to be mean, but chickens are stupid", I should've had some sense of foreboding. When I returned the neighbors phone call, I learned that indeed that darn chicken DID cross the street. And now I may be getting a bill for Hazel's therapy after watching the chicken try, with no luck, to cross the street home again....

Have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Oops. We have had some recent road kill here as well. We've also had 3 chickens taken out.....best guess is Mr Fox!

    ReplyDelete